Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I Heart Seattle

Seattle frequently gets a bad rep for being uber rainy and gray. Having lived here my whole life, I guess I've never know anything different. The rain makes me appreciate those sunny days even more, and without it, we wouldn't have the lush greenery we're know for (Hello? Can you say Emerald City??). Occasionally, I do get jealous of those girls that get to rock cute skirts in April, and leave their house without thinking twice about whether they might get caught in a rainstorm, a snowstorm, have to avoid being blown into oncoming traffic, or need sunglasses so their retinas don’t burn out of their sockets from the glare (and yes, all of those weather phenoms can, and will, happen in one day).  But regardless of your opinion, Seattle is known for a distinct style (OK yes, sometimes flannel) but for the most part, it’s all about necessity. We need our umbrellas, or our waterproof coats, our warm scarves and of course our coffee. Survival of the fittest!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love a classic trench! They will always be in style.

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete